- Posted by Francisco D. Colon
- On February 4, 2020
Is your iPhone freezing? Your iPhone won’t turn on? If you are facing one of these issues, then you might be thinking of replacing your iPhone with a new one. Before you do so, hold a minute and go through this guide.
This guide can revive your old iPhone and thus you will get back your iPhone once again in a full-fledged working state. We have mentioned some useful hacks to give your dead-seeming iPhone a new life.
Salient Fixes to Apply When iPhone Won’t Turn On:
iPhone can be stuck in this mode due to some software, or hardware, or due to both issues. If you have identified the cause, it will be way easier to recover the iPhone. If you can’t recognize the cause, then you can go through the fixes mentioned below.
Fix 1: Charge Up
It may sound weird, but are you sure that your iPhone’s battery is charged enough? To start off the fixes correctly, make sure that the battery is charged. What you can do is to plug in the charger to the iPhone and let it charge for 30 minutes. You should check out if the charger is working well or not.
After the charging completes, you can check out if the iPhone turns on well. If not, then ensure whether the lifetime of the battery expires or not. You can simply replace the battery of your iPhone. It will cost fewer pennies rather you think to buy a new iPhone.
Fix 2: Reboot your iPhone
If your iPhone won’t turn on or charge after the first fix, then perform this simple hack. You might have to reboot the iPhone. Just press and hold the Power button of the iPhone for a while. Check if your iPhone has restarted.
If it restarts, then switch off the phone. Again, turn on the iPhone to assure maximum performance.
Fix 3: Perform a Hard Reset
If the normal restart has failed, then a hard reset might benefit you. A hard reset will help to clear the cache memory of the device. Go through the guidelines cited below to recover your iPhone.
- If your iPhone 8 won’t turn on, then tap and release the Volume Up button quickly. Then similarly press and quickly release the Volume Down key. Next, keep pressing and holding the Side button. Repeat this process until you can notice the Apple logo on the screen of your iPhone.
- If you can notice the Shut-down slider on the screen, don’t release the buttons. You have to continuously keep pressing and holding the buttons.
- When you can see the white logo of Apple, release the keys.
Fix 4: Perform a Factory Restore
If your iPhone hasn’t restarted yet, then you have to try this hack. This method has a disadvantage as it will delete all data and settings on the phone. But if you have to revive the phone, then you need to go through the instructions stated hereunder.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer with the help of a Lightning cable. Launch the iTunes application. The iPhone icon should appear at the top-left corner of the iTunes app.
- If you can’t notice the iPhone, then perform a hard reset on your iPhone. This will launch the Recovery mode on the phone.
- When the iPhone enters the Recovery mode, opt for the iPhone icon on iTunes. After that, select the Restore iPhone option.
- You can now backup data on your phone with the Back-Up option. If you are not interested, then you can simply skip this step.
- Confirm the upcoming prompt and choose the Restore option.
You need to wait until the restoration process completes. Check if your iPhone is working or not.
Fix 5: Adjust the Settings
This happens very rarely when the iPhone gets dimmed due to the proximity sensor. If none of the above fixes is working, then you need to follow the guidelines given here.
- Initially, opt for a hard reset on the iPhone. Once it reboots, navigate to the Settings app.
- Go to the General option.
- Next, press the Reset option.
- Finally, choose the Reset All Settings option.
This fix restores all the default settings on your iPhone but doesn’t delete any data from the iPhone.
Contact iphonesupportnumber.com if the Issue Still Persists
Hopefully, the guide was helpful to deal with the iPhone won’t turn on issue. You can opt for the DFU mode if your iPhone still denies to turn on. Otherwise, you can seek help from our experts at iphonesupportnumber.com. You can raise your queries related to your iPhones so that our technicians can provide solutions at your convenience.
FAQs on iPhone Won’t Turn On:
How to Launch DFU Mode?
If you are still struggling with the issue, then you can put the iPhone into the DFU mode. Use these easy steps to achieve the goal.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. This ensures that iTunes is installed on the computer.
- Press and hold the Power button of the iPhone for a while.
- Now, without releasing the Power button, tap and hold the Volume Down key. Perform this step for at least 10 seconds.
- Now, you can release the Power button. Again, press and hold the Power button along with the Home button.
- If the iPhone shows you nothing, then you have entered the DFU mode.
Just follow the instructions on iTunes to recover the iPhone.
2. How to Know about the Status of the iPhone’s battery?
If you are in doubt whether your iPhone’s battery is working or not, then this would be helpful for you. The Battery Health tab helps you to learn about the current status of your iPhone’s battery. You can take action according to the status. If the situation deteriorates, you can simply replace the cell.