- Posted by Francisco D. Colon
- On February 13, 2020
Several iPhone X users have complained that their iPhone X has stopped charging all of a sudden. Also, they are unable to find the actual reason why this happens. If you are also encountering this annoying situation that your iPhone fails to charge, then check out this article till the end.
Here we have discussed why the iPhone X phone stops charging and how to fix this issue. If you are also facing this problem, then keep reading this article to troubleshoot your iPhone charging problem with some effective and easy to use fixes.
Possible Factors that Causes iPhone X Not Charging Issue:
Your iPhone X can stop charging because of many reasons. Some of the major causes that can lead to this iPhone X not charging issue are as follows-
- Damaged iPhone charger
- iPhone X’s software not updated
- The Lightning cable is damaged
- iPhone X is not charging because of the damaged Lightning port.
- Any accessory like a phone case or any other object can cause hindrance while charging your iPhone X using a wireless charger.
If any of the above-mentioned causes are responsible for your iPhone X not charging, then use the tips and tricks mentioned below to get rid of this troublesome error.
Easy Fixes for the iPhone X Not Charging Error:
If your iPhone X fails to charge, then you will not be able to use it any further. So, it is recommended to solve this charging issue as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are some best-in-class methods that you can implement well in your iPhone device to fix this issue permanently.
Method 1: Update the iOS Version
As mentioned earlier, if you use an outdated version of iOS, then this might trigger the charging related issue in your iPhone X. This problem can be easily resolved just by updating the iOS into the latest version supported by your iPhone X phone.
Sometimes it so happens that, your iPhone X charges perfectly fine but it does not show or notify that it’s charging. Usually, this happens only when the current iOS version you are using is outdated. Many affected users have claimed that their iPhone X not charging problem is fixed after updating their iOS.
Method 2: Perform Hard Reset on your iPhone X
This is one of the most commonly used methods performed when any iPhone X user faces problems while charging their phone and it has proven to be effective for most of the users. To perform a hard reset on your iPhone X, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press the Volume Up button.
- Press the Volume Down button.
- Now, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Your iPhone X will turn On shortly after.
Method 3: Use Qi-enabled Wireless Charging Pad
When you are charging your iPhone X using a wireless charger, make sure that you are using a Qi-enabled wireless charging pad. Usually, iPhone X does not support any other pad except the Qi-enabled ones. You can even check the official website of Apple where they always recommend using either Mophie or Belkin produced Qi-enabled pads.
Method 4: Check your iPhone Charger
Your iPhone charger can be damaged internally or externally and you may not be aware of it. Hence, to check if your iPhone X charger is working properly or not, you can connect your iPhone to other charging points such as a wall adapter, a desktop, a car charger and more. See if your iPhone X is charging or not.
If it’s charging, then there is no problem with your phone. But if it is not charging in any of the other charging points, then you can assume that the fault lies in your iPhone X only. Therefore, take the next move accordingly.
Method 5: Keep a Back Up of your iPhone X
It is really essential to keep a back up of your iPhone’s data in case you are going to perform any severe restores such as DFU restore. This is needed because if in case something happens to your iPhone while fixing it and the data is corrupted or completely erased, then you will have the data backup ready. Taking a backup will ensure that all your data including the contacts, media files, images, videos, documents, etc are safe and intact. And you will not lose anything even if your iPhone X is damaged.
How to take a Back-up of your iPhone’s data?
Generally, there are two different ways by which you can backup your iPhone X. The first method is using iCloud and the second one involves the use of iTunes.
Backup iPhone X using iCloud-
- This method needs to be performed when you are having a strong WiFi connection. Connect your iPhone to the available wireless network.
- Now, go to the Settings app and Open it.
- Hit the iCloud option.
- Next, select the Backup option.
- After that, check if the button next to iCloud Backup is ON or not. If it is not, then turn on this feature.
- Now, hit the Backup Now option located below the iCloud Backup heading.
- A notification will pop up on the screen prompting how much time is left.
Wait till the backup is complete. Do not run any other program during this time.
Backup iPhone X using iTunes-
- Plug the Lightning connector of your Lightning cable into the Lightning port on your iPhone X.
- Now, connect the other end of the cable with a USB port attached to your desktop or laptop.
- After connecting all these things, go to the iTunes app on your computer and open it.
- Select the iPhone icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click the circle next to iCloud or This Computer to choose whether you want to keep the backup of your iPhone X stored in your computer or to iCloud.
- Finally, hit the Back Up Now tab in order to start the backup process.
The backup process may take a while to complete. And once the backup is done, you can perform the DFU restore in order to resolve the charging related problem of your iPhone X.
Method 6: Run DFU Restore on your iPhone X
Putting your iPhone in the DFU mode is considered to be the last step in fixing any software related error in your iPhone X to resolve the charging issue. The DFU restore cleans all the data, codes, files, everything that your iPhone contains and reload everything to its factory default settings. As the DFU restore erases every single data from your phone, hence it is advised to keep a backup beforehand.
To perform the DFU restore on your iPhone X, you need to follow these steps stated below-
- Connect your iPhone X to your computer.
- Now, go to iTunes and open the app.
- Press the Volume Up button.
- Press the Volume Down button.
- Now, press and hold the side button until the screen of your iPhone X goes black.
- After that, press and hold the side button and the Volume Down button together.
- Press both the buttons together for 5 seconds and then release the side button only. While continuing to press and hold the Volume Down button.
- When the iPhone appears in iTunes, release the Volume Down button.
- If your iPhone appears in iTunes or Finder, then it means the DFU mode is activated.
- Finally, select the Restore option and continue with the on-screen instructions prompted to complete the DFU restore process.
These were the most commonly used methods to solve the problem if your iPhone X is not charging. Many iPhone users from all over the world have claimed that these steps proved to be effective in solving their charging related problems as well.
Hopefully, these methods have helped you in troubleshooting this annoying problem. If you are facing any trouble while charging your iPhone X even after performing all these steps, then you can contact us on our Toll-free number [ ]. You can also visit our website in case of any doubts or queries regarding iPhones and their uses.
Q1. Why is my iPhone not charging as fast as before?
Ans- Charge your iPhone normally as you do and unplug the charger when the battery is full. Now, actively use your iPhone until the battery is completely drained out and the phone is switched off. Now, plug in the charger once again and fully recharge the battery. Switch ON the iPhone only after the battery is completely full. Hopefully, your iPhone will charge as fast as before after performing these steps.
Q2. Should I charge my iPhone X overnight?
Ans- Overcharging the phones so that the battery runs longer is a complete myth. No one should charge their iPhones or any other phone overnight as it will result in overheating the battery which can lead to worse effects.