- Posted by Francisco D. Colon
- On February 3, 2020
After updating your iPhone, you might face that the touchscreen of your iPhone is not working properly. Software issues can be the prime reason for this problem. It can be possible that your system might have a hardware issue and this can lead to the problem.
Sometimes, your system might have incorrect settings and that can be the reason for this issue to occur. If your iOS is not running to the latest version, then you might encounter this error. Sometimes, the 3D Touch might be enabled and this also can be the reason for the issue.
Thus, you need to know the potential methods that can resolve the iPhone X touch screen not working at the earliest. Here you will be able to find effective hacks to resolve the iPhone screen not working issue.
Easy Hacks to Fix the iPhone X Touch Screen Not Working Issue:
Here we have discussed a few simple steps to fix the touch screen not working issue. Therefore, carefully follow the instructions that are mentioned below.
Solution 1: Restart the iPhone X Forcefully
If your iPhone touch screen is not working, then you can perform a soft reset or can even force restart your iPhone device. You will not be able to perform a usual reboot when you find that the touchscreen of your iPhone is not responding. To restart your iPhone forcefully, you can perform this way.
- After pressing the Volume Up button, quickly release it.
- Next, press the Volume Down button and then release it quickly.
- In the end, press and hold the Side button. When you find that the Apple logo appeared, release the button.
Like soft reset, a force reset also helps you to remove minor software errors without affecting any saved data. At the time of the iOS update, background apps become corrupted. Make sure to clear those apps during the process.
Solution 2: Manage Rouge Apps
After the iOS update, some apps become rouge and this affects the phone’s system function. Before uninstalling these rough apps, check whether you have any pending updates or not in order to install those apps.
Here are the steps that you should follow to check and install app updates manually.
- From the Home screen, tap on the App Store.
- Go to the bottom right of the screen and tap on the Updates icon.
- Now, you will find a list of apps with the pending updates on the screen of the PC.
- After that, tap on the Update button in order to update the individual apps.
- If you want to update all apps simultaneously, then tap on the Update All button.
When you successfully installed all the pending app updates, then make sure to reboot the iPhone X. If you find that the pending app updates are not installed, then delete all the old and the unnecessary apps.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings on the iPhone
Sometimes, you might find that some settings or options on your iPhone X have been configured in a way that might be against the current platform. This can be the reason for the iPhone X touch screen not working issue.
After performing a force restart, you will find that the iPhone screen becomes responsive. Thus, go through the following steps to do so.
- From the Home screen of your PC, select the Settings.
- Then, click on the General and followed by the Reset option.
- Now, choose the “Reset all Settings”. This reset will clear and restore the default system settings. You should not be nervous as it will not remove any saved information.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the device password.
- After entering the password, tap on the option to confirm resetting all settings.
When the reset is finished, the iPhone will start to reboot automatically and then the default settings will be loaded.
Solution 4: Factory Reset iPhone X Via iTunes
To fix this issue, you can perform a factory reset with the help of iTunes. The latest version can be the reason for the corrupted major system data and it requires to abolish the total system.
Before beginning the process, make sure your PC is compatible with iOS 12. Check whether it has the latest iTunes software installed or not. Then perform the following steps.
- Use the USB cable to connect the iPhone to your PC. You can even use the Lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- After that, make sure to open iTunes on your PC. Then wait for a few minutes until it recognizes your iPhone.
- Now, select the iTunes and followed by the Summary panel.
- Now, click on the Restore [iPhone] button and then confirm your choice by clicking the Restore button again.
Now, iTunes will start to instigate a full system reset and when the reset completes, you will find that your device will start to reboot. After successfully completing the rebooting procedure, you can start the initial setup process. Also, make sure to set up the iPhone X as a new one.
Solution 5: Restore iOS in iTunes
You can try the recovery mode restore method to fix this issue as it is a more advanced solution than the factory reset.
In this process, your device will go to the recovery state and then start wiping and restoring iOS to fix this issue. If you don’t know how to restore the iPhone X in recovery mode, then perform the following steps.
- At first, make sure to connect the iPhone to your PC with the help of the USB cable or the Lightning cable and then launch the iTunes.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until iTunes recognizes the phone.
- After that, you should start to perform a Forced Reset. In the meantime, you should not release the Side or the Power button when the Apple logo pops up.
- First press and then release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Then, you need to do the same thing with the Volume Down button.
- Thereafter, press and hold the Side /Power button until you find the Connect to iTunes screen on the PC.
- When you see the Apple logo, make sure to not release the Side button as you need to put your device in the Recovery mode.
- Now, the “Connect to iTunes” screen will appear and you will be asked to select the Restore or Update option from there.
- Sometimes, you might want to reinstall iOS without removing the iPhone data, then click on the Update. Otherwise, you can select the Restore.
Solution 6: Enable or Disable the 3D Touch
Sometimes, you might be unable to restart the iPhone X forcefully. Then, you should try to toggle the 3D Touch on or off. Go through the steps mentioned hereunder to enable or disable the 3D touch.
- Navigate to the Settings and click on the General option.
- Now, choose the Accessibility and followed by the 3D Touch.
- Finally, make sure to toggle the switch On or Off or vice-versa.
Hopefully, after applying these steps successfully, you will be able to resolve the iPhone X touch screen not working issue without any hassle.
Get in Touch with Us
For more information, you can call us on our toll-free number +1-855-713-8484. We provide doorstep service and it is reasonable and affordable. We provide a service guarantee. All our experts are qualified and are 24*7 available. We supply the fastest service and always try to maintain industry standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to unfreeze the iPhone?
Ans: Freezing of the iPhone is one of the most annoying problems and you definitely want to get rid of this issue. To unfreeze the iPhone, you can perform a hard reset.
- First, hold the “Sleep or Wake” button.
- After that, hold the “Home” button for 10 seconds until you find an Apple logo on the iPhone screen.
- Now, you will find that the iPhone will restart back to normalcy.
How to fix the dead phone?
Ans: Here are the steps that you can implement on your own to fix a frozen phone.
- Initially, start to charge the Android phone by plugging it in.
- Then, make sure to turn off the phone and then restart the phone forcefully.
- Now, remove the battery and if you find your phone is unable to boot, then perform a factory reset.
- Finally, you will find that the phone will start to flash.