- Posted by Francisco D. Colon
- On March 2, 2020
If you have bought a new iPhone and plan to switch from an Android phone to iOS then you may also have to go through some difficulties while transferring the data and contacts from your Android smartphone to your new iPhone.
But there are several ways by which you can easily transfer contacts from Android to iPhone without any hassle.
Use the Move to iOS App
Apple has an Android app that is available in the Google Play Store. This Move to iOS app is specially designed for Android users. So that they can easily transfer the contacts from their Android smartphone to their iPhone. Not only that you can also migrate photos, emails, videos, bookmarks, calendars, messages, documents, etc. directly to your Apple iOS phone.
When you start this Move to iOS app, your iPhone or iPad will automatically create a private Wi-Fi network to connect to your Android phone. Once you are ready to make the transfer, you will have to enter the security pin of that WiFi network and the process will start.
Use Google Sync
While we all know that Apple does not support or encourage Android usage. However, Google has a completely opposite notion. Most of Google’s features and search services are supported on the iPhone and other Apple products. Hence, transferring contacts from their servers is not an exception.
However, the Google Sync feature only works if you have synced your contacts with your Gmail account. Many devices do not sync your contacts and other data to your Google account automatically. If you have already logged in to your Google account from your smartphone then syncing your contacts will be an easy task for you.
Steps to sync your phone contact with your Google account-
- Go to the settings option of your Android phone.
- Now, tap on the Passwords and Accounts tab
- Again, select the Settings option and select the options you want to sync (contacts, mail, calendar, etc)
- Next, enter your Google account from there and check if the Contacts checker is ticked or not. If it is not, turn it on and all your phone contacts will be linked to your Google account.
Once it is synced and all your contacts are saved on your Google account as well, then you can open the same Google account on your iPhone. And now you just have to restore the contacts to your iPhone’s contact list. Follow the steps given below to restore the contacts:
- Log in to your Google account which is synced with your Android phone’s contacts through your iPhone.
- Tap on the Gmail tab present at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, select the Contacts option from the drop-down list.
- Net, tap on the More button and another drop-down list will appear.
- From this list, tap on the Restore Contacts option.
All the contacts will be automatically saved in the iPhone’s contact list.
Transfer the Contacts Manually Using a VCF File
If you are someone who does not like dealing with Cloud stuff then you can transfer the contacts from your Android phone to your iPhone manually. For that, you have to create a VCF file and then transfer it over to your iPhone. After that, you can simply open it to collect all your contact data. To make a VCF file is really easy. Follow the steps mentioned below to create a VCF file manually.
- First, start by unlocking your Android phone and go to the contacts app.
- Tap the menu button which is generally in a form of three aligned dots.
- Now, hit the Import/Export button and then select ‘Export to storage’ option.
- This step will make a VCF file and it will be automatically saved on your phone.
- Now share this file with your iPhone. You can share it by simply sending this VCF file to your own email account that is synced to the iPhone.
- Now, open the VCF file on your Apple device and you will receive a prompt message saying “Add all contacts”.
- Follow the steps and all your contacts from your Android phone will be transferred to your iPhone.
Use your SIM card
Another easy way to move your contacts from your Android phone to the iPhone is through your SIM card. This step is great if you do not want to sync your data with your Google account. For this, you need to transfer all the contacts to your Android phone’s nano-SIM card. The process for copying all the contacts from smartphone to SIM card varies from phone to phone. But mostly it is done by-
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the manage contacts option.
- Now, scroll down to Import/ Export contacts tab.
- Next, hit the Export button.
- Finally, choose SIM card option so that the contacts are transferred to it.
Once all the contacts are transferred to the SIM card, take out the SIM card from your Android phone and insert it in your Apple phone. Now, turn ON your iPhone and go to the settings option. Then navigate to Contacts and select the Import SIM Contacts. By this, all the contacts will be moved from the SIM to your iPhone. Moreover, it will be automatically saved in the iPhone’s contact list.
Use a Third-Party App or Tool
If you are having problems even after applying all of the above solutions then you can use an app or tool to resolve this issue. There are several third-party apps that are supported on both the Android and iOS platforms. These apps will make the process of transferring contacts from your Android phone to the iPhone very easy for the users.
Q 1. How can I add new contacts on my iPhone?
Ans- To add a new contact on your iPhone contact list you need to follow these steps-
- Go to the Contacts option then hit on the ‘+’ sign. This (+) sign is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the Recent tab and tap on the Info tab present next to the number you want to save. From there you can choose whether to add this contact as a new contact in your iPhone’s contact list or you want to replace it with any existing contact.
- Finally, enter the number you want to add and then tap on the Add number option.